| || ||AFA Newsletter June 12, 2010 |
| || |
|• ||AFA HALL OF FAME DINNER RESERVATIONS STILL AVAILABLE ! || || |
|• ||Elmhurst Travelers Semi-Pro Football Team 40 Years Existence |
| || |
|• ||Free AFA Alumni Club Membership Program Extended || || |
|• ||2010 Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Tickets |
| || |
|• ||AFA Member League News Clips || || |
|AFA ANNOUNCES NAMES OF THOSE SELECTED FOR INDUCTION INTO THE SEMI-PRO FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME - "CLASS OF 2010" |
Recently the AFA/Hall of Fame selection committee completed its annual task of reviewing personal profiles of qualified individuals nominated for induction into the Semi-Pro Football Hall of Fame as the. . . "Class of 2010". Information submitted by HOF alumni and subsequent review by the selection committee resulted in the selection of 21 people for enshrinement this year. The American Football Association is a national 501(c) (3) non-profit, tax exempt corporation in its 30th year of operation and is dedicated to the advancement of adult (semi-pro) football from coast-to-coast.
This year's Class of Hall of Famers will be honored at the AFA's 30th Anniversary Semi-Pro Football Hall of Fame Induction Dinner which will take place at the Hilton Suites Chicago/Oak Brook, 10 Drury Lane, Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois June 24 - June 25, 2010.
Prelim Events Scheduled:
• Annual AFA/HoF Legends - meet the new inductees "Alumni Huddle Cocktail Party - 7pm Thursday, June 24th
• AFA Board of Directors Meeting - 10am Friday, June 25th
• 30th Annual AFA Semi Pro Hall of Fame Induction Dinner - 7pm Dinner (Cocktails 6pm) Friday, June 25th
Guests will be responsible for contacting the hotel directly at 630-941-0100 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make their own guest room reservations. The room rate of $89 single/double will be available until the group block is sold-out. Be sure to mention that you are connected with the American Football Association (by name) to take advantage of the AFA's discount room rate.
To book online click
Complete & mail in the form below to purchase Hall of Fame Dinner tickets ASAP ! http://www.eteamz.com/americanfootballassn/files/20100427195018574203.pdf
WEBCAST INFO TO BE ANNOUNCED
The American Football Association is proud to present the names of those who will be enshrined into the AFA Semi-Pro Football Hall of Fame as the "Class of 2010" (names in parentheses indicate sponsors of the new inductees):
• Chris Roe - West Dundee, Illinois - (Ed O'Reilly, Jr.)
• Jack Perry - Wood Dale, Illinois - (Joe Wolfe, Jerry Schropp, Chico Cain, Roman Strzala)
• Ben Ward - Chicago, Illinois - (Larry Schmidt, Norm Nissen, Gary Thomas, Neal Anderson, Fritz Fiorelli)
• Bob Beshk - Bloomingdale, Illinois - (Pat O'Brien, Al Klaeren)
• Ron Hansen - Winfield, Illinois - (Mal Yarke, Don Busch, Frank "Buzz" Grady, James Bejna)
• Jesse Johnson - Oxon Hill, Maryland - (Steve Oldt)
• Christian Fridrich - Crown Point, Indiana - (Howard Huntington)
• Greg Fictum - New Holstein, Wisconsin - (Phil Micech)
• Charles Brown - Chambersburg, Pennsylvania - (Richard Landis, Harry Hopple)
• Stan Johnson - St Louis, Missouri - (Fred Robinson)
• Jim Paulus - Anchorage, Alaska - (Doug Brozek)
• Bill Kammert - Thornton, Illinois - (Bruce Basile)
• Roosevelt Robinson - Hyde Park, Massachusetts - (Larry DeVoe)
• Brent Bordenkircher - Springfield, Illinois - (Christopher F. Lawson)
• Keith Ballard - New Orleans, Louisiana - (AFA Alumni)
• Dennis Morris - Mulberry, Indiana - (AFA Alumni)
• Rev. Gary Wilder - Margate, Florida - (Dave Burch)
• James Kulton - Sheridan, Illinois - (Elmhurst Travelers)
• Vic Perry - Massena, New York - (Bill Higgins)
• Joe Porter - Granville, New York - (Dick Leland)
• Jerry Kupper - Racine, Wisconsin - (Jordan Kopac)
Note: We will be conducting our silent auction fundraiser again this year. Come prepared to bid and bid often..........below are some of the items being offered:
• Greg Maddux autographed 8" x 10" photo framed & matted w/cert
• Forgive Jenkins autographed MLB Game baseball in case w/cert
• Paul Konerko autographed 8" x 10" photo framed & matted w/cert
• Jake Peavy autographed MLB Game baseball in case w/cert
• Bubby Hull autographed 8" x 10" photo framed & matted w/cert
• Tony Esposito autographed NHL Game puck in case w/cert
• Wrigley Field Litho of First Night Game framed & matted (L. E. 1988)
• Michael Jordan Career Stat Litho framed & matted (L. E. 1999)
• Mike Ditka autographed 16" x 20" photo framed with certificate
• Jay Cutler autographed NFL Game Style mini helmet in case w/cert.
• Adrian Peterson auto. NFL Game Style mini helmet in case w/cert.
• Patrick Kane autographed NHL Game Style mini helmet w/cert.
• Jonathan Toews autographed NHL Game pick in case w/certificate
• Brian Urlacher autographed NFL Game Style football in case w/cert.
• Brett Favre autographed NFL Game Style football in case w/certificate
• Ernie Banks autographed MLB Game bat in case w/certificate
• Frank Thomas autographed MLB Game bat in case w/certificate
• Derrick Rose autographed NBA Game style basketball in case w/cert.
| || |
|2010 AFA Alumni Club Membership - Are You A Card Carrying Member? |
For the next 60 days, AFA Alumni Club Membership is basically free. Upon completing the mail in application, you will receive a $25 gift certificate as part of your membership package.
AFA Membership is open to anyone and everyone that, at one time or another, had been (or still is) involved with a semi-pro team and/or league. The AFA Semi-Pro Football Alumni Club is co-sponsored by the AFA National Association and the Members of the AFA Hall of Fame Alumni. If you are interested in a 2010 membership application, just click: http://www.eteamz.com/americanfootballassn/news/index.cfm?cat=206281
2010 AFA Team & League Membership
Membership applications are now being accepted for the 2010 season. The annual membership fee to join the AFA is $100 "per team" which provides a benefit package that is easily 10x this fee
"Our most valued asset has been the investment we made for membership in the American Football Association. Your guidance during our recent fundraising drive netted our team a return of over $4000 - Daris Steen of the Florida Makos"
"The AFA is the only organization in the country that offers the level of services and a "Masters Degree" level of knowledge and education to the Semi-Pro football community. Any Semi-Pro team that is not a member in good standing with the AFA is doing their team a disservice. On behalf of Rev.Gary Wilder (President of the Palm Beach Makos & Florida Makos), our coaches, staff, and the entire Makos family. We send you a huge level of gratitude. "
Team membership applications can be downloaded by clicking: http://www.eteamz.com/americanfootballassn/news/index.cfm?cat=206283
Blem Football Program Has Resumed for AFA Member Teams: http://www.eteamz.com/americanfootballassn/news/index.cfm?cat=203945
FEEL FREE TO FORWARD THIS NEWSLETTER TO A FRIEND (click link at bottom of newsletter)
| || |
Broome County Dragons ready for 2010 season
Press & Sun-Bulletin
The Broome County Dragons adult man's Semi-Pro Football team in Binghamton, are weeks away from opening up the 2010 season. The Dragons are coached by Tommy ...
North Stars debut against Storm
Plattsburgh Press Republican - Nick St - ý11 hours agoý
The Stars, who went 11-4 a year ago and fell just short of the Empire Football League Championship, defeated the Storm 13-7 last season and expect a tough
Ironman Football League
Scores for June 5, 2010
Madison Mustangs 70 vs. Fond du Lac Crusaders 0
Wauwatosa Spartans 19 vs. Rock County Gladiators 7
Greendale Panthers 4 vs. Shorewood Monarchs 0
West Bend Junkyard Dogs 24 vs. Milwaukee Venom 14
Burlington Blue Devils 14 vs. Milwaukee Storm 0
Muskego Hitmen - Bye
Roberson Museum and Science Center
Roberson is the new energetic hub of community based sports activity. Check out Champions!, a celebration of Binghamton, New York's rich sports history. This exhibit will be on display for the next 12 months. The Empire Football League's TC Jets are prominently featured in this exhibit along with a continuous running video of the Albany Mallers vs. Jets 1997 EFL Championship. Next time you're in Binghamton, stop by to visit Roberson Museum's CHAMPIONS Exhibit. Click to view pictures
ALLSPORTS INJURY COVERAGE
If you play in a league or on a team of any kind you need to sign up for ALLSPORTS INJURY COVERAGE today. Don't get stuck with the bills and financial burdens an injury can bring. ALLSPORTS has insurance designed just for athletes for only $19 a month. Sign-up only takes about 5 minutes... and coverage starts right away. The entire sign-up process is online. You don't have to talk to an agent and no physical is required. Check it out: http://www.playinsured.com
+ Semi-pro Football HQ Scoreboard
+ Please submit corrections and omissions to
+ Copyright (c) 1998-2009, Joe Hulsebus
| || |
|Aside from the AFA National Association's concerns for bringing recognition to today's market of semi-pro type teams and leagues - its desire to keep alive the memories of those who were associated with this level of the sport for the past 100 years has come to the forefront in the formation of the AFA's Alumni Clubs. Operating under the umbrella of the AFA's non-profit tax exempt corporation, the American Football Association has begun issuing "Charters" to team, regional and state alumni organization who qualify for official Alumni Club status. |
During their first 38 years of existence, the Elmhurst Travelers forged a record of 292 wins, 79 losses, 29 ties and 11 undefeated seasons; they averaged 8 wins per season. In 1967 after 40 years of existence, George Kulton (AFA HoF Class of '86) owner and coach of the Elmhurst Travelers semi-pro football team retired and sold the franchise to Rockford, Illinois then becoming the Rockford Rams.
Please note picture of Elmhurst Travelers Jackets. Stars indicate "championships" and "bursts" indicate teams played for/awards. These jackets can be provided for any team, colors make no difference. If anyone is interested in pricing, please contact Jerry Schropp (email@example.com) at 847-364-9348.
We want to congratulate the chartered Elmhurst Travelers Alumni Organization which was organized by Roman Strzala (firstname.lastname@example.org) Hall of Fame Class of 2002. This newly formed alumni club has established a set of by-laws and has developed a process for submitting nominees to the AFA's Hall of Fame. We use this organization as a model and best practice for how to establish Alumni Clubs. A separate website is being setup to recognize Alumni Clubs as we continue to grow our network of semi pro alumni.
| || |
|The AFA has access to ticket packages to the Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement and Game. If interested, send an email to email@example.com................................. |
2010 HALL OF FAME TICKET ONLY PACKAGE - ENSHRINEMENT MEMORIES
STARTS: AUGUST 7, 2010 CONCLUDES: AUGUST 7, 2010
ADMISSION TO THE HALL OF FAME
• TIMKEN GRAND PARADE - CLEVELAND AVENUE
• ENSHRINEMENT CELEBRATION (ALL INCLUSIVE) FAN PARTY - GROUNDS OF HALL OF FAME
• EBSHRINEMENT CEREMONY - FAWCETT STADIUM (SIDELINE STADIUM SEATING)
• PRO FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME YEARBOOK
• ROCK & ROLL HALL OF FAME YEARBOOK
• SOUVENIER CLASS OF 2010 RALLY TOWEL
|About the American Football Association: The American Football Association is a national 501(c) (3) non-profit, tax exempt corporation in its 30th year of operation and is dedicated to the advancement of adult (semi-pro) football from coast-to-coast. Our slogan is Semi Pro & Proud®. We are not affiliated with any other national semi-pro/minor league organization (Minor League Football News, American Football News Today, American Football Hall of Fame, Minor Pro Hall of Fame, etc). The AFA, Hall of Fame, American Football News™ and AFA logo design are registered trademarks of the American Football Association. All other AFA-related trademarks are trademarks of the American Football Association. |